How to Set Up Outlook Express
Continued from page 1
- Enter your e-mail address, case does not matter*. You may wish to capitalize some letters to make your e-mail address more readable. Click "Next". *Case should not matter, but if you encounter problems, trying making all characters lower case.
- Most people have POP3 e-mail, however AOL uses IMAP so select IMAP from the first drop down box. Enter the "Incoming" server name as "imap.aol.com" without the quotes. For the "Outgoing" or "SMTP" server name enter "smtp.aol.com" in the next field, without the quotes.
- Enter your AOL screen name under Account name:.
- Enter your AOL screen name password in the Password: field. Your password IS case sensitive. Asterisks will appear in place of the characters you type to keep your password private. Optional: Click "Remember Password:" if you don't want to type in your password every time you send or receive e-mail. Click "Next"
- Click "Finish" then on the next window click "Close"
You have completed the basic configuration of Outlook Express. You should now be able to send and receive e-mail when connected to the Internet.
To make changes to these settings or to access advanced configuration features:
- From the menu choose "Tools" and then choose "Accounts"
- Select the "Mail" tab, and select your e-mail account listed in the window
- Click on the "Properties" button
- On the five tabs in this window, you will find all of the information you input above, plus additional features you may wish to configure.
Page 2 of 2