Dishwasher Tips and Advice
- Buy detergent in a size that you can use in 30 days. It works better when fresh.
- Scrape the dishes, but no need to pre-rinse (unless there is dried on food).
- If you have hard water use more detergent.
- If you have hard water use a rinse aid.
- A water temperature of at least 130 degrees is needed for the best results.
- If your dishwasher doesn't heat the water, run the hot water in your sink before starting the dishwasher to get more hot water to your dishwasher when it is filling.
- Heated dry is more sanitary, but air dry is more energy efficient (you decide)
- Once every two months, run an empty load and add two cups of white vinegar to dissolve hard water deposits.
- Clean the filter at least once a year.
- Don't ever use dish soap, it will oversuds and make a mess.
- Don't use gel soap, it tends to gunk up the system.
- Don't overload the dishwasher, it won't clean as well.
- Don't bother to pre-rinse dishes unless there is dried on food.