How To Clean Blood Stains from Glass
Personal injury is always unfortunate, but at least with glass, any accidental blood stains can be removed with relative ease. Of course, make sure to resolve any safety issues prior to attempting to treat the stain. Most household glass is fairly resistant to cleaning chemicals and to scratching. However, shower glass may be treated with materials that make it more susceptible to damage while cleaning. These instructions are created to minimize risk of damage to shower glass.
Where water is called for, use cold water rather than warm or hot to avoid setting the blood stain. Recently installed shower door glass is a regulated type of safety glass, but features such as protective vinyl coating, textures and decorative appliqués can vary and may affect your decision on how to deal with the stain. Test all cleaning solutions and application techniques in an inconspicuous location before using them in a wider area.
Use a clean cotton ball to apply hydrogen peroxide directly to the blood stain. This will not only help to dislodge and remove the stain, but will have disinfectant properties as well. For stubborn stains, substitute a cotton swab, which can be effectively used to apply hydrogen peroxide to even caked on blood. Make a lightly sudsy solution of anti-bacterial hand soap and water, and use a clean sponge to apply the solution to the stain. Rinse well with water. Use a squeegee to wick away water and help prevent excess moisture that may encourage a variety of undesirable stains. Finish with an application of rubbing alcohol applied with crumpled newspaper. This will help provide shine as well as additional disinfectant properties.
Caution: Never mix cleaning agents or chemicals, the result can be dangerous or deadly. Before cleaning, always test the agent on an inconspicuous location to determine its suitability and to make certain it does not damage the material. Wear appropriate clothing such as gloves and protective eyewear, and work in a well-ventilated area. Accidental inhalation or ingestion of cleaning agents can be hazardous and even fatal, particularly to pets and children.